Digital inclusion is the idea that all residents of Chatham County should have necessary information, infrastructure, accessibility, and knowledge to integrate digitally in the modern age. Digital inclusion is broken up into availability, access, and adoption. Availability refers to the availability of digital infrastructure. Access refers to the ability of someone to access the infrastructure (devices, Wi-Fi-access points). Adoption is the ability of someone to adopt technologies, often limited by their knowledge.
Innovate Chatham has built a community coalition and drafted a Digital Inclusion Plan for Chatham County that will enable local organizations to access Federal and State funds to tackle issues and support practical plans in place to address them. We are currently working with the Chatham County Government to complete the plan.
Draft Goals and Strategies for Chatham County Digital Inclusion Plan
Chatham County Digital Inclusion Plan
If you or your organization would like help (presentations, co-sponsoring events, expertise) with any aspect of digital inclusion please contact president [at] innovatechatham.org
Need more help?
Need more help?
There are many resources to help community members participate:
- Download the Toolkit (English)
- Digital Equity Survey Toolkit Graphics – English
- Digital Equity Survey Flyer – English
- Printable Digital Equity Survey – English
- Download the Toolkit (Spanish)
- Digital Equity Survey Toolkit Graphics – Spanish
- Digital Equity Survey Flyer – Spanish
- Printable Digital Equity Survey – Spanish